A Five-Day Mini Course in Short Creative Nonfiction
Register FREE until Jan 31
Five days of Flash memoir
free this month!
This five-day course offers guided writing recordings with illuminating readings and not-prosaic prompts to get you writing short and sparkling creative nonfiction.
no experience required
new and emerging writers welcome!
- In this mini-course, you’ll learn to write super-short memoir through examples and simple writing exercises.
- The course is for any writer who wants to try a new form or generate new writing.
- You’ll be supported every step of the way with inspiring readings and clear instructions.
Hi, I'm rachel Thompson
I am a literary magazine editor (with Room), a published author, and the host of the Write, Publish, and Shine Podcast.
I help creative writers generate and publish their most luminous work.
Rachel Thompson is the truth.
Rachel deeply cares about helping emerging and established writers. She believes in building and cultivating writing communities—spaces for writers to meet, share work, get feedback, and grow.
Working with Rachel Thompson transformed my writing by opening avenues to publications, developing community, and furthering my commitment to craft.
Rachel is a luminous guide offering equal parts gentle prompts and discerning truths.
Flash Memoir Course Details
WHAT’S IN THE COURSE?
Each lesson in the mini course is presented in audio and text format, and comes with concrete, detailed prompts, inspiring readings, and resources to help as you write.
Work at your own pace on the following lessons…
- Tiny Details—on writing the moment.
- What’s Not There?—on leaving things out.
- Your Small World—how to share your perspective.
- Segments/Structure—finding joy in constraints.
- Layering Meaning—transformation.